Wow! Has it really been 2 years since my last post! Life seems to always be busy in the Williams household. A couple of days ago I was talking to an older person who I share things with. Go figure! I am one to open up to people, and people tend to open up to me about things! It is amazing how much stuff I know, but act surprised or keep it inside me forever! Anyways, I am fond of the older people haha! That is one thing I loved about my friend Rachel. She had 18 years on me, but she knew everything! I would talk to her every chance she and I would have when we wasn't chasing our kids down when the boys aka husband were gone to work. I miss her TONS and I can honestly say I think about her daily. Going back to the older lady I was talking to she said something that hasn't left my mind. She was telling me how she often thinks about me, and knows my plate is full. She said "I don't know how you do it." As always I smiled and said I am use to it, we have done this going on 11 years and you find your norm. She smiled and said yes there are many sacrifices you make, but you always gain many advantages. Oh how true this is! When you haven't "lived" the hitch to hitch life you don't know what many wives/husbands go through. The night before Chad leaves I have always "tried" to prepare myself for the following day. What my life for the next 21 days will be like. I always joke to Chad and my good friend Tab we swap our routines and get a new one like many offshore wives prob. do. You wake up in the morning feed the kids, get them dressed, make sure they have everything they need for the day, and in my case this year kiss them bye, and head to work. Once you get home you love on them babies you haven't seen all day even though you are tired. You prepare to cook supper, bath kids, brush teeth, read a story, and sigh to just lay in the bed for a minute to put them to sleep just so you can get back up and prep for the next day/clean kitchen/pick up toys/ everything else you need to do for the day. I WILL say this I don't think there is much of a difference between a working/staying at home mama when you live the offshore life. I have done both! See the thing is when daddy is gone you are both! When you are a stay at home mama You WANT to make sure them kids have you at every event at school, help the teachers out when they need it, volunteer for the PTO, run errands for everyone else, and make sure the kids have you there waiting when the bells rings to get out. I LOVED it! I felt like I had to do everything and still do, because my kids depend on me! If I wasn't there who would be. I miss so much dropping Landon off at school, and picking him up in the afternoons. I would always carry his backpack on my back, and ask how his day went. But, it all changed and change is a good thing. I have an awesome SIL who takes my role during the day, and I am so thankful for that! Every summer since I graduated I would cry about getting a job. I would tell Chad I wasn't sure where GOD wanted me to be at. This past year I told Chad I wanted to really try and get a job. I wanted to see what being a teacher felt like, and I received one. I am so blessed with the school I am at. I know I know I get off track easy ha! But living the hitch to hitch isn't easy! Never has been! I still cry, get depressed the day he leaves, and wait for that phone call. And, when the phone call doesn't happen because the satellite is out my mind goes to a thousand places, and my heart is heavy until I hear his voice. You watch tv alone at night, but truthfully when the boys are gone you enjoy the quietness! Raising 3 kids it gets loud here! I am always getting someone juice, snacks, picking up a mess, breaking up fights, and who knows what else. By 8:00 I am exhausted and ready for kids bedtime, and my alone time! Although that's my life for one hitch the time he is home is AWESOME! I love having him home with him having no job to go too. Kids have his attention the whole 21 days, and so do I! He is an awesome helper, and my loads decreases by half. We can pack up and leave when schools out, and not have to worry about anything! It's nice to have that freedom for them 21 days! I know without doubt its hard on the men as well living on a ship or platform for 21 days, and not seeing the kids but on face time or videos. Not seeing their wives for 21 days, or even trees or dirt(Ha)! But they do it to provide for their families, and us wives support them 100%! Yes, we all sacrifice something for them to work there, but we also get many advantages in return! As we always say at every see you later..don't forget to bring the milk back AKA hurry back home!
*PS..noooo I did not proofread my writing. I have clothes to iron and lunch to prep! HA!
Single Day
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment